1) How long have you been doing dolls?I have been creating plush characters since August of 2014. I started making my line of Legendary Tastemakers in February 2015.
2) What prompted you to start making the Tastemaker Dolls?I have been interested in Tastemakers, influencers who shape our ideas of style and culture since my undergrad. I have also been interested in strong-willed individuals, and have drawn them over the years. As I created my business, I thought celebrity tastemakers would be a good addition.
3) Have you ever thought about making wallpaper out of a mix of the doll designs?I haven’t thought about wallpaper, but this is a brilliant idea! I had considered gift wrap but I haven’t pursued this idea yet.4) Do make custom dolls- What is the process and how expensive is it?How long does it take to get a custom doll and is there a minimum of pieces you must order?
Custom orders are a possibility, for sure! The first doll would be $100 and any additional doll of the same design would be $25 each. No order minimum. The process would take 4-6 weeks. Photos would be required, and the illustration would be approved by the buyer before the fabric goes to print.
5) Do you sell prints?I currently have 1 print of Iris Apfel for sale. It’s currently an 8×10.
6) Has anyone famous bought their own doll?No, however Jonathan Adler tweeted about his!
7) Which doll is the best seller?Iris, followed by Little Edie
Brian was so kind to send me this cute Iris card. I guess I qualify as “A Rare Bird” since I’m over 45 (wink) and still playing with dolls…
Iris insisted on helping me revamp my accessory collection. Little secret…she threw out more than she kept and advised me to layer, layer, layer like a good little fashionista.
Karl and Choupette, his cat, decided he wanted to command the room so he took up a post on the mantle so he could critique each person’s attire as they entered the room.
Meanwhile, Anna was busy checking out the fashions.
Jonathan and Simon were thrilled to find a piece from Jonathan’s collection in the dining room but reported Santa needed to bring me a few more pieces to round out my collection.