Everyone needs a place to sit, relax, mediate, read or just be alone. What are
These are the basic items you must have:
1. Pick a place in your home which makes you feel good.
2. Comfy piece of furniture. It can be a cozy club chair,
a chaise or even pillows on the floor.
3. Ottoman if you pick a chair to prop your feet up.
4. Lighting – Floor lamp or table lamp preferably both.
5. Natural light
6. Window treatment to control natural light
7. Side table to hold a drink, notepad and a pen
8. Bookcase, basket or somewhere to store books
9. Soft throw in case you get cold.
What are some items that could be added to
make your special place unique?
1. Why not make your ottoman a storage ottoman so you can
hide anything you want to have in your corner conveniently hidden.
2. Personalized notepad to make you feel good when taking notes
or planning your day.
3. A pad of pretty sticky notes to earmark pages
you want to refer back to in your reading material.
4. A good daily devotional book
5. A journal to record your thoughts – may be a gratitude journal.
6. Box of notecards for note writing.
7. Pretty container for holding pens and pencils on your side table
8. Special candle for the season
9. Things to nurture you like, hand lotion or cozy socks.
10. May be you want a vase for a flower.
11. Brainstorm things that are unique to you for your special space.
12. If you don’t want a storage ottoman, you will need
a pretty storage box by your chair.
The most important thing is to create a space in your home to make time for yourself. Could it be your favorite place to relax and read is in your bedroom,
we will talk about that next!