If traditional decor is your cup of team, then by all means go for the red! This place setting features red placemats,napkins and roses mixed with cedar greens and arranged in tiny white ceramic pitcher. It’s simple, yet elegant!
12 TIPS FOR DECORATING YOUR HOLIDAY TABLE WITH EASE!
1. Look at your everyday china and think of ways to dress it up for the holidays.
2. Shop the local grocery store for flowers that are on special or in season. My three
favorite places to buy well priced flowers quickly are Trader Joe’s, Costco, The
Fresh Market and Whole Foods. (Whole Foods always has great greenery.
3. Look in your yard for greenery! If you have a boxwood, holly bush, cedar
or magnolia, all make great table arrangements.
4. Layer your place settings for interest. Don’t be afraid to use a couple of placemats.
5. Go for the mix! Mixing and matching dishes is always fun!
6. Pick up a fun set of silverware to give place settings a unique look during the year.
Tuesday Mornings and Marshall’s often have silverware with colored stems.
7. Don’t stick to red and green, go for something different! Make your table
an extension of your room. If your room is pink and grey, make your table
settings pink and grey or something that will co-ordinate.
8. Place a small gift, or keepsake at the table for your guest to take home
to mark the occasion as a memory.
9. Use Fresh greens and flowers! Nothing says special like fresh flowers!
10. Use linen, silver and china whenever you can! Our world has gotten
so casual we often opt for paper plates, so use the good stuff, your children
will remember you went to the extra effort. Fold the napkins a special way!
11. Light candles. No other light gives off the romance and ambience of candlelight.
12. Make your guest feel special. Relax and enjoy the evening with them.
Speaking of folding napkins special ways….I found these beautiful napkins folded like
a tree and snowflake and wanted to share.