CLICK FOR DETAILS
I especially like this bar cabinet. It’s more of a cabinet, than a cart, but so handsome!
It is so masculine in woodgrain but also comes in white lacquer as well.
This simple gold cart
is the best deal of all, but it is small.
So what do you think? Which bar cart do you like? I’m leaning towards looking for a vintage cart that I can refurbish. I love what Shannon of AKA did with one she found. You can read about it here.
Tips on Stocking a Bar Cart
1. If you want to be creative bar and entertain your guest with how knowledgeable you are about liquor, buy Jinro, it is a Korean soju and the world’s number one best selling liquor. Bet you thought it would be Scotch or Vodka didn’t you? Nope! You can read more about it here
2. I like to choose premium “base” liquors to showcase. Almost any cocktail can be made if you have the following liquors on hand: gin, brandy, tequila, bourbon, vodka, white rum.
3. Add your personal favorite “mixers” such as bitters, cointreau, sweet vermouth or Lillet, and dry vermouth.
4. It’s good to have soda water or seltzer on hand. I like the tiny bottles. They are typically prettier than the large bottles and don’t take up much room. Also, make sure you options on your cart for those that don’t drink alcohol.
5. Cocktail cherries, onions, and olives are good to have on hand. I especially like the olives stuffed with blue cheese or jalapenos for martinis.
6. The tools you will want to have on hand are a corkscrew, jigger, cocktail shaker and bar spoon.
7. Barware needs consists of basically 5 different style glasses: Tall glasses, short glasses, wine glasses (one for red and one for white) and coupes for champagne, cocktails and sparkling wines. Of course I would also mention it is great to have copper mugs for Moscow Mules
! I like these copper mugs
. Did you hear me Denise McGaha? If you are making Moscow Mules, you better stock up on ginger beer
Ok, while we are talking drinks, here are my favorite recipe for Moscow Mules
What are your favorite cocktails for the holidays? Did I get you in the mood for
stocking the bar? With all this talk about drinks, I’m thinking a cart might not be big enough
unless you spotlight a few drinks on the cart at a time. hmmm….not a bad idea.
I also invite you to follow my Bar Cart Board on Pinterest by clicking here