Petite grilled filet mignon with baby carrots & foraged mushroom glaze
Petite grilled filets
18ea 3.5oz filet mignons
½ C clarified butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat grill insert to 500 F.
2. Brush both sides of filets with clarified butter and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Grill filets no more than 9 at a time, for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
4. Set aside on sheet pan lined with a baking racking
Sautéed baby carrots
5 bunches baby carrots
2 Tbl European style sweet butter
¼ C white wine
Salt and Pepper
1. Set steam oven on Pro Grand range to full steam setting, place carrots on perforated steam
2. When steam oven has reached full steam setting place carrots into oven and let cook for 5
3. Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat.
4. When carrots are done in steam oven, add butter and sugar to sauté pan and place carrots
into pan and sauté for 3 minutes, add white wine and turn off heat.
5. Season with salt and pepper
Foraged Mushroom Glace
3# assorted foraged mushrooms
2T garlic (minced)
2C veal glace
2T avocado oil
1. Heat a large sauté pan to extra high heat. When hot add avocado oil and mushrooms. Sauté
for 2 minutes.
2. Add garlic and sauté for additional 2 minute.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add veal glace and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Grilled Organic Peaches with Marscapone Ice Cream, Amoretti Crumble,
5 # Organic Peaches
5 ea Amoretti Cookies, grated
6 ea Egg Yolks
¾ C Sugar
1 qt Heavy Cream
1 ea Vanilla bean
1 C Mascapone cheese, softened
1 ea Lemon, juiced
½ C Musto
1. Make the ice cream the day before, heat the cream over medium heat until steaming. Add
the scraped out vanilla bean, cover the cream and let steep for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar together until pale and thick. Temper in the warm
cream, i.e. pour in a little bit and whisk quickly, as to not cook the eggs. Strain through a
3. Whisk in the marscapone and lemon juice in the ice cream base, transfer into the ice cream
machine and mix for up 35 minutes. Scrape out into a container and freeze for at least 6
4. Turn the grill onto 500 degrees and the oven onto 275 degrees. Cut the peaches in half and
pull out the pit. Coat the peaches in olive oil, and a little salt.
5. Grill the peaches cut side down until seared. Transfer to a rack and keep warm in the oven